The next best thing to owning the doll, is reading Barbie magazine.
Barbie has been around for more than 50 years and is arguably the biggest girl’s toy brand in the world. Barbie teaches young girls that they can aspire to be whatever they want to be. Barbie promotes the values of kindness, friendship and dedication – and Barbie magazine reflects this. With lots of educational stories, activities and games, it keeps girls, aged 3 to 10, busy for hours and also encourages parent-child interaction.
Barbie is a globally successful brand that has been around for more than fifty years, illustrating her lasting appeal, spanning generations of children.
Her enduring success is based on the values of fun, aspiration and imagination, something which the magazine captures every month.
• Girls who love the Barbie brand, aged 3 to 10
• Parents of little girls who spend time reading and doing learning activities with them
• Gender: 100% Female
Unique selling points
• The Brand which is in its 50th year has a huge international following
• Barbie South Africa was chosen as best practice Barbie magazine globally among all Barbie publishers and sees its 100th issue published this year
• Barbie has been the fastest growing magazine title in SA over the past 12 months
• Value adds such as cut-outs, colouring-in booklets and storybooks have increased the popularity of the magazine
• Exciting stories featuring Barbie and her friends every month
• Previews about upcoming Barbie movies
• Competitions and giveaways
• Letters page allows little girls to write to their favourite character and get responses
• Loads of activities to keep little girls entertained
• Gauteng = 37.69%
• Western Cape = 23.22%
• Eastern Cape = 5.85%
• Kwa-Zulu Natal = 12.27%
• Other = 20.97%
Launch date: October 2009
Pagination: 32 plus cover
Print run: 19, 800
Format/Binding: 275 x 210mm, saddle stitched
Audited Circulation: 15,581 (July to Sept 2014)
To subscribe to Barbie, click here
To contact the editor, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the advertising department, e-mail email@example.com