By using Panorama.co.za (Panorama Media Corp.) you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this policy. If we make any significant changes to this policy, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on the login page.
We care deeply about protecting your privacy. Please send us any questions and/or comments you may have.
- We will never spam you or give your personal information to anyone.
- You control when and how we send messages to you.
- You can wipe your account at any time.
- Other users:
- …can’t see you unless they already know your email address or have interacted with you financially.
- …can’t see any of your financial transactions except for the ones that involve them.
How we treat your information
We will never spam you.
We do send notifications for new and modified transactions, but you can turn these off.
We will never disclose your personal information without your permission.
We will never sell, rent or share your personal information with a 3rd party, especially your email addresses and phone numbers, without your express permission, unless required by law. Never ever!
We give you full control over your information, including the ability to wipe it from our system.
You can update your account information and preferences at any time. You can destroy your account when you choose.
We will only access your personal information when:
- You specifically request us to do so (e.g. you are having technical difficulties).
- It is required by law.
- It is necessary to maintain our system.
We will protect your information from other users.
Nobody can see your account information, except Panorama.
We may sell, rent or share information about user habits in aggregate only.
We will never do so in a manner that could even remotely be individually identifiable.
For example, we could collect and share information like “preferences, survey responses, recently purchased and general behaviour traits. “
What information do we collect?
Personal: Names, email addresses, phone numbers, password, delivery addresses
All passwords are stored on our server in encrypted form – not even we can tell what they are! If you lose your password, we will generate a new one and send it to you.
Optional: Gender, date-of-birth and other specified optional information that you voluntary
These help us gather demographic and geographic information on our users. We may also share this information in the aggregate only. See above.
We deal in products and are not a bank. Any payment transaction details are only with the verified and trusted service suppliers such as PayPal, Paygate (Other names) and not stored with Panorama. The information we store about your payment is strictly informative and caries no actual monetary details.
Usage: Number of logins, last login, activity and error logs
This data helps us monitor our online health, and diagnose errors and slowness issues when they crop up.
Cookies and log files
Panorama sends a “cookie” to your computer that contains an identification number that is unique to the computer you are using. We use this cookie to provide you with a continuous experience, and for us to record how our service is being used.
As is done with most web sites, we log each visit to each web page. A log entry can contain information typically found in the “header” of your web browser’s request such as the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol address, and the date and time of day. We may also log your cookie’s identification number and the URL of the last site you visited. This log information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the health of our service.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Surveys related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 011 468 2090